The amazing Sarah Jane Morris will be one of the first to trial hex at her gigs to give the fans who are there an extra bit of her magic to take home. @SarahJaneMorri3
Sarah-Jane rocked to stardom as a member of The Communards and has been wowing audiences ever since. Her artistic collaborations have built up a strong international following, particularly in Italy where she is massive. Hexology’s Creative Producer Gilly Smith came up with the idea of working with Sarah-Jane and it’s a privilege to be working with such a respected artist.
You’ve got to be there to get it!
That’s the message we gave Sarah-Jane and her management team over the phone, and in a subsequent meeting the following ideas bubbled to the surface. So here’s the premise, Sarah-Jane and her team have loaded their hex beacons with digital content and positioned them at various places around the venue, so when her fans walk in to the zone they pick up something special.
Hmmm.. what could that be???
- Share a welcome message when they walk through the door – perhaps an unreleased recording delivered via hex, only to those people waiting for the doors to open.
- Whilst queuing at the bar you might pick up a stream of messages from Sarah-Jane who is preparing backstage, and to everyones surprise she writes a reply. Remembering this is only accessible to those people that are in the room!
- Meanwhile, Sarah-Jane is able to get some feedback and her PR team can work the audience before the performance begins.
- In other parts of the venue there are different bits of information available, if you go near the stage you can collect some images, and if you are standing at the back then you’ll pickup her lyrics. Talk about Super-Mario collecting some coins!
Our conversation that day moved on, and then our UX guy Dan Cunningham jumped in with the suggestion that Sarah-Jane and her team could use hexapp to write some special content into the barcodes on some of our older LP’s. Thinking about it, there must be loads of her records floating around, and if you could access new content by scanning the barcode, then only those people with those records would get it. Yeah!!! Talk about breathing new life into recordings that are already out there – this would make them infinitely more valuable and collectable.
These are only a few of the ideas that came out of the conversation that day, but we’re holding back the best ones, if you want to know you’ve got to be there to get it!
- Be the first to get hex beacon on Kickstarter launching April 12th: http://bit.ly/hexstart
If you are reading this before April 12th and would like to support our campaign please join our Thunderclap: http://bit.ly/hexthunder